Confused with the concept of Rummy? Well, it’s not any different from normal card games and is quite easy too. You might’ve played Rummy in your childhood, trust us, the online Rummy is exactly the same with few more interesting features added to it.
Rummy is a card game that involves 2 decks of cards that have a total of 2 jokers. Here are the tips to start playing Pocket Rummy:
• The game is played between two to six players, with each player dealing with a set of 13 cards.
• The first card from the deck is placed open, as a starting indication. The rest of the cards are placed with face down as a closed deck.
• A Joker card is then selected randomly and through toss, the system decides which player makes their first move.
• Players are allowed to use any Ace card as a joker while forming their sets or sequences.
• Now each player has to arrange all the 13 cards they have to form a set or sequence. And to this, they can pick or discard cards turn by turn.
• Finally, players can move their cards to the finish slot and declare the sets or sequences.
• The game will finish with the winning player hitting on the “Declare” button.
As a player, you have to make a valid declaration by drawing and discarding the cards (as required) from the pile. Among the two piles of cards, one is a closed deck and another is a discarded pile that contains all the cards discarded from each player. To win the game, you have to meld the cards in a valid sequence or set.
Note The cards in each suit are ranked low to high. Starting with Ace, 2, 3, 4, … Jack, King, and Queen.
The cards like- Ace, Jack, King, and Queen each hold 10 points while the remaining cards hold value equal to their face value. For instance, 2’s cards will have 2 points, 3’s cards will have 3 points, and so on.
You can open the “ http://Pocketrummy.in/ ” website or download the app, log in to your account, and start playing.
To win a game, you need to group cards in a valid sequence or set. The cards in each suit are ranked low to high starting from Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on till King.
To group cards in Pocket Rummy game, you have to:
• Tap on the cards you want to group or “Drag” them manually.
• Tap on the “Group” button or group them manually by dragging.
To win a Rummy Card Game, you have to form a sequence of three or more consecutive cards of a similar suit or form a set.
There are two types of sequences that can be formed in the game- pure and impure sequences. However, to make a valid declaration, you must have a pure sequence in hand.
Three or more cards of the same suit when placed in consecutive order, form a Pure Sequence. The sequence should not contain Joker or wild card.
Examples of Pure Sequence are:
1. 5❤️ 6❤️ 7❤️ (is a Pure Sequence of 3 cards with no Joker or wild card used)
2. 4♠️ 5♠️ 6♠️ 7♠️ (is a Pure Sequence of 3 cards with no Joker or wild card used)
Three or more cards of the same suit when placed in consecutive order, with one or more Joker/ wildcard used, forms an Impure Sequence.
Examples of Impure Sequence are:
1. 3♦️ Q♠️ 5♦️ 6♦️ (is an Impure Sequence with Q♠️ been used as a wildcard/Joker to replace 4♦️)
2. 2♠️ Q❤️ 4♠️ 5♠️ PJ (is an Impure Sequence with Q❤️ been used as a wildcard to replace 3♠️ and PJ/Printed Joker is replacing 6♠️)
Another option of winning a Rummy Card Game is to form a set of three or more cards holding the same value but are of different suits. You can use any kind of Joker (wild/printed) to form a set.
Examples of Sets are:
1. A❤️ A♣️ A♦️ (All the Ace of different suits form a set)
2. 6♠️ 6❤️ 6♣️ 6♦️ (Four 6 cards of different suit form a set)
3. 8♦️ Q♠️ 8♠️ 8❤️ (Q♠️ has been used as a wildcard to replace 8♣️ and form a set)
4. 3♦️ 3♣️ 3♠️ PJ (Printer Joker has been used to replace 3❤️ and form a set)
5. 4♦️ 4♣️ Q♠️ PJ (Q♠️ has been used as a wildcard to replace 4♠️ and Printed Joker has been used to replace 4❤️ to form a set)
6. 7♦️ 7♣️ PJ Q❤️ Q♠️ (Set of 5 cards with Printed Joker and Q❤️ as a wild Joker replacing 7♠️ , and Q♠️ as another wildcard replacing 7❤️ to form a set)
Note: In order to form a set and make a declaration, you cannot use two or more cards of the same suit.
Examples of Invalid Sets are:
1. K❤️ K❤️ K♠️ (Two K of the same suit make it an invalid set)
2. 8♠️ 8❤️ 8♦️ 8♠️ Q❤️ (In this set, Q❤️ is a valid wild card but two 8♠️ make it an invalid set)